Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Marc Anthony New Coconut Oil Collection


Anyone who knows me knows I'm kinda obsessed w/ anything coconut related...seriously if it smells like a tropical vacation or involves the concept of coconut oil, coconut water, coconut milk...basically coconut anything I'm all over it!  So of course I was more than willing to try out Marc Anthony's new Coconut Oil Hair Care Collection!

I think for the last year or so coconut has definitely been picking up steam as the next big ingredient in many hair and body care items.  Coconut oil has a ton of healthy and wellness benefits and it's a great moisturizer for pretty much any part of your body so I can totally see why it's become an "It" ingredient!  I regularly rub coconut oil all over my body as a natural moisturizer and trust me it's been great w/ this never ending cold, windy Winter we've had up in Toronto!

So the newest line from Marc Anthony is targeted at those individuals w/ dry, damaged hair...another effect from this cold, harsh weather...or if you just happen to use and abuse you're styling tools or dye your hair a lot ;)  The idea w/ using both coconut oil and shea butter in their latest collection is that it will absorb into the hair and help nurture it from the inside out.

So I got to try both Hydrating Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Sulfate Free Shampoo & Conditioner. Love that they are sulfate free as that's a big bonus these days!  They both smell great but not in an artificial coconut way...just really nice.  My one concern was that these products would be too heavy for my hair being that my one prob is volume but I'm happy to say I didn't feel they weighed my hair down at all.  The shampoo left my hair feeling clean and even w/out the sulfates still created a decent lather.  I made sure when using the conditioner to mostly concentrate on the ends as that's where my hair gets dried and tangled and it worked well to nourish and moisturize them w/out leaving my hair feeling limp or lifeless.

I also got to try out the Hydrating Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Treatment.  This treatment can be used on dry or damp hair and you only need a couple of drops.  It doesn't leave the hair feeling greasy though so no worries there!  It helps to nourish and moisturize the hair to help create smoother and shinier locks!  It also helps to protect hair against splitting and breaking...important for all those girls looking to grow out their luscious locks!

I must say the people at Marc Anthony have always been so generous w/ what they send me and their packaging is always first rate!  A few days after my initial gift I received a surprise second package to try out w/ their new Oil of Morocco Argan Oil 3X Volume Cream!  Now this is the type of product I need!  I have very long, straight hair so any product that can help me w/ volume and lift is great in my books!  I took about a quarter size amount and ran it through damp hair starting a the root and running through to the ends, blow dried my hair as normal and I can definitely say it works!  My hair definitely had more volume and lift to it at the roots!  I wasn't even doing any fancy blowing drying or using a round brush to help so I imagine if I did that it would have been even more!

So definitely some new hair care products to check out if you're in your local drug store...very reasonably priced and I think they are worth it!

No comments: