Friday, July 5, 2013

Summer 2013 Luxe Box

When the generous ppl at Loose Button contacted me to review one of their coveted Luxe Boxes I jumped at the opportunity!  I've known about Luxe Box for sometime but this is my first hands on experience w/ the neat concept.

For those of you not in the know let me explain the concept to you.  You sign up for a Luxe Box membership and every season you get a Luxe Box delivered to your door w/ 7-8 trial size (some are full size too) beauty and lifestyle picked by their beauty editors.  The membership comes w/ complimentary shipping plus exclusive access to private events, product launches and beauty tips and tutorials to keep up on the latest trends, styles and products!

I personally LOVE getting packages in the mail and I LOVE surprises so a membership like this would be a great little treat and way to try new products you might not be familiar w/ already...plus you never know what's going to be in the box so it much just have some gems that you would have never thought to try in the first place!

I also think this is a great gift idea for that hard to buy for person...I mean how can you go wrong w/ something like this!...Are you listening out there all you clueless boyfriends ;)

So now let's get to the good stuff...what exactly was in MY Summer 2013 Luxe Box!

 All My Goodies!

This is ColorSmash Hair Shadow.  Great for colouring the ends of your hair or adding some cool funky streaks.  I have to be honest when I first saw this I though "ugh" not b/c I didn't think it was cool but b/c I have tried these in the past but they NEVER showed up on my black hair...well guess what this one does!  It's super vibrant and super fun!  Definitely something I'm going to keep in mind for a shoot one day...or for myself if I'm feeling adventurous ;)

L'Occitane Hand Cream - This a great sample to keep in your purse for on the go moisturizing.  All the time I see girls whipping out hand moisturizer from their purses and this is the perfect size to fit into your cosmetic bag.  It's not greasy and absorbs nicely into the skin...just beware it does have a pretty strong rose fragrance so if that's not your thing you might not be a fan.

Lancome Genifique - This is a VERY popular anti-aging serum from the ppl at Lancome.  The full size bottle is a bit pricey so you know what this sample is a great way to check out the product to see if you like it enough to drop the dough.  The bottle may look small but a little goes a long way and although the serum is rich and hydrating it doesn't feel greasy on the skin.

Dot by Marc Jacobs Roller Ball - This perfume is already a regular staple in my beauty arsenal so I was actually really stoked to get the rollerball b/c I already know I love the scent and now I have the perfect compact way to take it w/ me for touch ups through out the day!

Essie Nail Polish in DJ Play That Song - What a HOT colour for Summer that IMO is bold enough to transition nicely into Fall!  I'm definitely taking this colour w/ me next time I go for my bi-weekly manicure ;)

Woman by Donna Karan - I'll be honest this is probably the only thing in the kit I wasn't totally stoked about.  It's not bad, it's just not my usual scent profile.  I go for things that are sweet, light, fruity or tropical and this is a little heavier for me.  But it is a nice scent...I actually think I'd like it better for Fall.  Plus the top isn't the most secure thing so be careful b/c I actually spilled it at first when I grabbed it to take it out of the box.

Tone Correcting Moisturizer w/ SPF from Olay - This is a colour correcting moisturizer and I definitely did see an improvement in the tone of my skin w/out any makeup after I put it on!  Plus it has SPF (always a MUST for me) and it doesn't feel greasy or oily on my skin.  Plus check out the size...definitely not a sample here ;)

Knotties Hair Ties & Handbands - Like many women out there I always have an unfashionable elastic around my wrist for those moments when I need to quickly tie my hair back.  Knotties are great b/c they act as a headband or elastic, don't crease the hair and look a little cuter around the wrist compared to the usual ugly elastic.

So overall I'd say that's a pretty good haul and a great variety of products to try out!  Even if there are one or two items you don't like in the box give them to a friend...one person's trash is another person's treasure after all ;)  So if you're interested in joining the Luxe Box Membership Program you can follow the link HERE to sign up! ENJOY!

Btw the last day to order your Summer Luxe Box is July 7/13 so if you want one you better get on it now!

3 comments:

Lonnie Thaler said...

This is a nice review. Thanks for sharing about Lure box and how to become a member. I'm really interested with their amazing products. I can't wait to have one especially the ColorSmash Hair Shadow. :-)

Nicky Dowsett said...

I would love to try Dot and Woman! Actually, I like the variety of these products. They are all new to me. I think I'm interested to this Lure Box membership program. Expect me to join this!

Janette Emerson said...

These are great collections! I would like to sign up. Luxe Box is really tempting. Thanks for this review.