Thursday, January 3, 2013

Modern Elegance With A Vintage Twist

Back in Sept. I had the pleasure of working w/ a lovely bride Taryn and her wonderful group of family and friends for her wedding.  It was a large wedding and I even had a team of two other artists working w/ me that day.  I'm actually still impressed that we all fit into the hotel room and were able to work lol!  But at the end of day despite the tight quarters it was all worth it b/c Taryn and her girls looked beautiful!

Right away in the trial Taryn and I were able to hit it off and I helped create a look for her that had a slightly vintage Audrey Hepburn twist but w/ a very modern and elegant feel.  Taryn has a very exotic look - like some of my other brides this year she is mixed - Asian and Caucasian.  I love how when you mix nationalities and races you get some of the most beautiful and interesting features!  Taking this all into consideration we agreed it was best to emphasis Taryn's naturally full lips and keep her Asian eyes still defined but more on the clean and natural side.

Often when brides think of a sort of "vintage" vibe or emphasis on the lips they automatically think about red but that doesn't have to be the case.  For Taryn I custom mixed together a gorgeous and vibrant berry pink colour which I think was a perfect compliment to not only her skin tone but also the bridesmaid's dresses.  I think also by going w/ a more berry lip it creates a more "modern vintage" look w/out making things look too costume or character like which can happen when you're also doing a vintage Audrey Hepburn french twist.

So here's some pics of the gorgeous Taryn on her wedding day!  Photos courtesy of Luminous Studio.

I know I've said it before but I really do have the prettiest brides!





No comments: