Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I LOVE My Anastasia Holiday Sets!

Christmas has come a little early in the Myers household this year...about 4 mths early actually lol!  A few weeks ago I received a package from the awesome ppl at Anastasia w/ both of their new Holiday Sets - Want You To Want Me and Kisses On My List (both available at Sephora or Anastasia.com). Both kits draw from and touch on the glam and decadence of the 1970's...FUN!

Upon first look both of these sets are really gorgeous in their packaging and design.  Esp. the Want You To Want Me which comes in a pretty velvet box and includes 9 eyeshadows in an array of mattes and shimmers in nudes and plum shades, an eye brush, black liquid liner and brow gel.  The shadows give a little nod and wink to the 70's w/ names like Ziggy and Power Ballad and all the shades are very wearable for pretty much any skin tone and the colour combinations are almost endless...you can create a lot of really gorgeous looks for day or night w/ this set!  Plus I have to say as someone who has worn the shadows on a few occasions now they are really amazing - great pigmentation, little fall out and they last throughout the night so real winners in my book!

I actually have to admit I was surprised how much I LOVED (or still LOVE) the Kisses On My List Collection!  A lot of times w/ Lip gloss collections there will be a couple of colours I like but the rest I don't really care for but I really like ALL of the colours here!  In fact these glosses might actually earn a place in my coveted Pro Makeup Kit...not just my personal makeup collection...that's a big deal in  my book as I really don't carry around a lot of glosses and have been using the same few shades from the same brand for awhile now...so CONGRATS Anastasia!

The set has 6 glosses - 3 sheer, ultra-hydrating glosses and 3 new Hypercolour glosses that react w/ your skin's own chemistry to stain your lips a custom colour that's all its own...who doesn't want a custom colour lip gloss!  Again playing w/ the 70's theme the names draw on famous 70's muses - Sharona, Maggie May, Lola...to name a few.

Left to Right:  Moi, Maggie May, Sharona, Jolene, Roxanne, Lola
As you can see there's a really nice range of Opaque and Sparkle and a good selection of nudes, pinks and peaches!

It should be mentioned that both kits are Paraben Free...always a good thing in my books!  So if you're looking for something to get for that special female in your life - sister, girlfriend, daughter etc. definitely check out these sets...or who's kidding just get them for yourself you won't be disappointed...and why wait till Christmas don't we all need an early Christmas present once in awhile ;)

One final side note - the kits retail in Canada at Sephora at $44.00 Want You To Want Me & $39.00 Kisses On My List!

No comments: