Friday, November 5, 2010

A Day in Versailles

One of the things I was most looking forward to in Paris was going to the Palace in Versailles.  I LOVE old, historical homes, castles and mansions so I knew the opulence of Versailles would definitely be something I wouldn't want to miss!

The castle did not disappoint.  It was gorgeous and the gardens surrounding it were gorgeous as well.  I can only imagine how beautiful they would look in the Spring/Summer.  There was also this very interesting juxtaposition of the historical beauty of the palace w/ a current art installation of many sculptures by renowned Anime artist Takashi Murakami. 

Well instead of me writing a ton about Versailles I'm just going to show you a ton of pics I took that day so you can enjoy a small bit of the beauty I witnessed!























No comments: