Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Vintage Bride - Kathleen

As you guys know I had a very busy weekend this past weekend w/ weddings (all went wonderfully btw).  On Sunday 10/10/10 it was a VERY busy day for weddings all around the city.  My second wedding that day was w/ this gorgeous bride Kathleen.  I'm so glad I got to be part of her wedding day b/c her vision was so unique and creative and her and her whole family were so much fun to work w/!  Seriously, listening to her and her mother lovingly bicker w/ one another was hilarious...or maybe I just have a weird sense of humor. 

I did the Hair & Makeup for Kathleen as well as her Mother and Mother-in-Law.  Kathleen was a very non traditional and unconventional bride in every way which was part of why it was so much fun to work w/ her on her wedding.  She didn't have any bridesmaids.  Her wedding was kept really small at 65 ppl and it was held at The Fifth in upstairs terrace area.  She didn't go w/ a traditional long white dress either.  Instead she went w/ an above the knee, gorgeous white cocktail style dress w/ a vintage flair.  Instead of a veil she opted for a birdcage hair piece and another feathered hair piece for after the ceremony. 

With keeping all this in mind I knew it was important at the trial to bring a sort of vintage flair into the makeup...and we all know how I LOVE a bit of vintage vibe in makeup ;) lol!  Kathleen has the most gorgeous, milky white skin so I knew I didn't want to use a heavy foundation and therefore opted for a dewy Face Atelier foundation.  I also used my Yaby Highlighting palette (seriously cannot live w/out it) to highlight her amazing cheekbones.  I kept the eyeshadow rather natural w/ just some beige/brown shimmer shadows but of course I had to have a nice vintage winged black liner and beautiful but natural looking winged false lashes (Kathleen & both her mothers were obsessed w/ all getting false lashes and how amazing they looked lol).  And of course I couldn't complete my vintage inspired makeup look w/out a beautiful bright red lip!  And we all know I LOVE red lips!  Kathleen's hair was kept quite simple w/ just some loose curls, teasing at the front and half pinned back which looked gorgeous w/ the birdcage hair piece. 

I really can't wait to see pics from this wedding b/c it was so unique and different from a lot of the traditonal weddings I've worked on...I love those ones too of course but it's always good to show variety in the portfolio...even wedding portfolios ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love the red lipstick! looks great on her, what colour did you use?

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous

siân melton said...

She looks gorgeous!!