Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Few Bangkok Pics

So here's a few Wat Pho pics to hold you all over. I'll do The Grand Palace pics tomorrow probably. Btw in the middle of Day 1 at the Detox Resort...lots of shakes and herbs...MMmmm...actually not MMmmm at all lol!

Here's me at Wat Pho (Giant Reclining Buddha). Please excuse my gross appearance - 1. I have no makeup on 2. It was REALLY hot 3. I had to wear pants and a shirt w/ sleeves b/c of dress code at The Grand Palace
Just a little background info Wat Pho is one of the largest and oldest wats in Bangkok. The reclining Buddha is 46 m long and 15 m high. He is decorated w/ gold plating on his body and mother of pearl on his eyes and soles of his feet. The temple is also known as the birthplace of traditional Thai massage.

Here's just a collection of pics I took at Wat Pho
People praying
Entrance







No comments: